Thursday, August 27, 2009

Time.....Distance ......A realization!

I happened to be reading a few quotes on some random website and I came across some statements which seem so true!
"Time is the longest distance between two places "- Tennessee Williams
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have time
"- Stephen Wright

Ironical statements. But I somehow see a lot of truth in them. But yet another important thing that I realized is that time, at the right time is also very important, because as rightly said by Oq Mandino
"There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late"

I started pondering on how correlated the above statements could be. They seem to be true in most aspects. Another ironical thing is that distance gives you space to think and introspect, but at the same time, you happen to lose out on time. If you are sensible, you realize that the extent of time the distance was worth, if not then you possibly in the back of your mind start to think whether it was worth it all. It probably would take you a while to match my wavelength on this one, because this is something which takes time - to assimilate, absorb and relate to. But I am sure that you would agree with the Chinese proverb which I came across:
"Distance tests a horse's strength. Time reveals a persons character"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! A great correlation between time and distance. Time is to be given for every distance for without enough time, distances are meaningless, I guess.
A great picture to go with the post.
Have a nice day.

Surya (RADHAKRISHNAN G) said...

Pranam!
Time is the path and path is the distance towards the poles of subjective horizons!
issness.blogspot.com